Roofs are the part of a building that are most exposed to intense elements – fluctuating temperatures, powerful sunshine, hail, rain, or even strong wind uplift – all of which gradually damages a roof over time. The lifespan of a roof depends on the type of material used, climate, orientation and other factors. The average roof can last anywhere from 15-30 years, whereas the average building lasts between 50-100 years – meaning that every building will need at least one roof replacement or repair in its lifetime.
For Your Roof Renovation Project, Sika Has the Ideal Solution
Bituminous Membrane Roof Repair
Repairing old, existing bitumen roofs is by far the most common type of roof renovation project.
Sika’s Roof Repair Solutions Have Many Advantages Compared to Traditional Bitumen Reroofing
- Longer life-expectancy and guarantees
- Availability of light colored reflective membranes which reflect heat and light, thus saving energy and costs
- Lower additional load on the structure - the additional weight of Sika single-ply or liquid-applied waterproofing is much lower than several layers of bitumen that would be required for the job
- Considerably higher flexibility and elasticity in cold temperatures
- No risk of fires during application due to the totally flame-free installation methods
- Increased fire resistance of the waterproofing system itself